NAPO Membership Provides Key Benefits at Every Stage of Your Career!
NAPO believes in the power of order and efficiency to improve the quality of our workplace, homes, and everyday lives. That's why NAPO supports Professional Organizers and Productivity Consultants at every step of their career, offering continious professional development, enhancing business connections, advancing industry research, and increasing public awareness about the profession. Click a benefit category below to see what NAPO membership brings you:
- POINT™: NAPO's private social network, the Productivity & Organizing Interactive Networking Tool™ (POINT) allows members to exchange ideas and ask questions via community-specific chat forums, find other pros in the member directory, access product information and resources along with NAPO announcements and more.
- Local Chapters: Connect with other organizing and productivity professionals in your area by joining a local chapter. Chapters offer opportunities for networking, education, volunteering, and mentoring. If your area doesn’t have a local chapter, consider joining the Virtual Chapter.
- NAPO Annual Conference: Organizing and productivity professionals from around the world convene to learn from industry experts, build relationships with their colleagues, discover the newest organizing products, and recognize the achievements of industry leaders.
- Affiliation with Other Professional Associations: NAPO’s relationships with related associations within the organizing and productivity industry offer NAPO members numerous reciprocal benefits. Affiliations include Professional Organizers in Canada (POC), Institute for Challenging Disorganization (ICD), Association of Personal Photo Organizers (APPO), National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM), and Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD).
Return to Top
- NAPO University: NAPO has developed educational opportunities to help Professional Organizers and Productivity Consultants deliver quality service and succeed in business. NAPO University’s curriculum, developed by the NAPO Education Committee and taught by qualified subject matter experts, consists of live seminars offered virtually, as well as on-demand classes.
- NAPO Annual Conference: The NAPO Annual Conference is another opportunity for you to learn and grow as a Professional Organizer or Productivity Consultant. Check out the Conference page for more information.
Return to Top
NAPO members enjoy a variety of volunteer and leadership opportunities that provide experience, exposure, and the ability to affect the future of the organizing and productivity profession.
- Volunteer at the national level: NAPO volunteers report that their work has a direct impact on their career success and satisfaction. We have numerous committees, task forces, and special interest groups that are volunteer-led and that give members the opportunity to grow their skills and develop lifelong relationships with colleagues.
Volunteer at the chapter level: NAPO chapter volunteer opportunities enable members to maximize the benefit they receive from their local chapters. Contribute expertise you already have, or volunteer in an area where you want to develop your skills. Gain leadership experience that will serve you in all aspects of your business.
Volunteer for our social responsibility programs: Give back to the community by participating in one of our public events which aims to improve the lives of others by helping them to be more organized and productive.
Return to Top
Several resources are available to assist NAPO members in marketing their products and services:
- Directory Listing: NAPO Professional Members can list their businesses in our Professional Organizer and Productivity Consultant Search Tool. Business Partners can list their businesses in our Business Partner Search Tool.
- National Marketing and Public Relations Outreach: NAPO actively promotes the association through marketing campaigns -- including Get Organized Month™ (GO Month™) and social media -- and pursues public relations opportunities to build public awareness of the organizing and productivity profession.
- NAPO Member Logo: Use of NAPO’s member logo adds professional credibility to members’ marketing materials, websites, and social media pages.
- Golden Circle Membership: NAPO Members who have been members for five or more years and have achieved Professional Member status are recognized for their commitment to the profession by receiving the NAPO Golden Circle designation. These veteran members have the opportunity to attend Golden Circle meetings and events and receive a digital web badge to use in their brand marketing.
Return to Top
Special Interest Groups provide NAPO members with the opportunity to focus on a unique skill, topic area, or market. Each SIG holds regularly-scheduled virtual meetings. SIG membership furthers knowledge and skills in areas of expertise and provides a community of colleagues for information-sharing. SIGs are for experienced, veteran practitioners and each SIG has its own specific minimum eligibility requirements, which are outlined in the SIG application.
To be eligible to join a NAPO Special Interest Group, you must:
- Be one of the following membership types: Professional, Retired, Lifetime, Allied, or Business Partner.
- Meet all additional eligibility requirements of the particular SIG you wish to join.
Eligible members receive two complimentary SIG memberships. Additional SIGs can be joined for a small fee.
NAPO’s SIGs include:
- Authorship & Publishing
- Environmentally-Conscious Organizers
- Holistic Organizers
- Moving and Relocation
- Multi-Person Business
- Photo Organizers
- Speaking for Fees
- Small Business Organizing
- Technology Organizing
- Working with Seniors
Return to Top
NAPO provides a rich environment in which members can volunteer their time and expertise, participate in the organization, and be recognized for their contributions.
NAPO bestows a number of awards each year at its annual conference to recognize exceptional member contributions and achievement in the organization. They include:
- Founders' Award: In the spirit of the original five founders of NAPO, the Founders’ Award is presented to a member (or group of members acting in concert) whose outstanding contributions have helped advance the organizing and productivity profession.
- President's Award: The President's Award is presented for special recognition to a member or members who have made significant contributions to the NAPO and our industry, and benefiting our membership. It is awarded at the discretion of the President.
- The Business Partner of the Year Award: This award is presented to the Business Partner who has made a significant contribution to NAPO and to the organizing and productivity profession.
- The Outstanding Chapter of the Year Award: This award is presented to the Chapter which, by its achievements, goes above and beyond to further the ideals and mission of NAPO. The Chapter provides its members with opportunities to: develop leadership skills, prioritize camaraderie and support between and for members, and participate in community outreach projects, by utilizing the talents of its Professional Members and Business Partners.
- The Service to NAPO Award: This award is presented annually to a NAPO individual, individuals, or committee who have made an outstanding contribution to NAPO. The winner is selected by the NAPO President.
Return to Top
NAPO members can take advantage of a number of discount opportunities, including:
- Members-only discounts: Reduced registration fees for NAPO's Annual Conference and educational courses are just some of the discounts NAPO members enjoy.
- Affinity programs: NAPO leverages the power of numbers so that even sole proprietors can have access to essential business services such as liability insurance and credit card processing. NAPO continually evaluates and adds relevant services so that members receive added value for their membership dollars.
- Business Partner Discounts: Your NAPO membership gives you access to the Marketplace, featuring the latest organizing and productivity products and services available from NAPO's Business Partners. Many Business Partners offer exclusive discounts, promotions, and specials available only to NAPO members.
Return to Top